Friday, January 8, 2010

Long Time No Blog

 Well, it's been two months to the day that I last posted a blog. A lot has been happening in my life in that time, just nothing in the realm of my hobby life of not has been happening.  I have all the parts for the Motor Control Board(MCB) and it's partially assembled, just waiting on the programming cable to come in the mail next week. Yes, I had to relearn a lesson, don't try to cut corners with bad clones.  Clones are like copies, neither are as good as the real thing.

One thing I did cut out of the MCB was the servo control part, because all that is needed to run servos is microcontroller itself. All the other chips would be a waste of space, power and money to control a bunch of servos.  So, the MCB will be able to control 4 DC motors or two bipolar stepper motors. Because I'm use a PIC, it will only have two PWMs though, I haven't decided to use one PWM for each L293D or use both PWMs on both chips, probably the later. I'd thought about using two PICs, but that would be a bit of overkill and increase the cost and size of the board.

I have ordered a PicAxe 8M and protoboard along with the correct and non-clone programming cable.

No comments:

Post a Comment