Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Working on bumpers and redoing the design

Well got the rocker switches for the bumpers. Just need to put a few pull down resistors, screw them in and attach the bumpers. I did find a Mesmic 2125 accelerometer at Radio Shack for $32.99 plus tax, but found a 3 axis one at adafruit.com for $20 plus S&H. The latter is out of stock though and has been for a couple of weeks now.

I did order the magnets for the tachometer part of Leo today as well. Using 1/4" rare earth magnets on the front wheels coupled with analog hall effect sensors. Will probably order them this week or find them on ebay.

Just need to mount the switches and redo the bumpers on Leo. I was thinking about putting the IR ranging sensors in the drive part of the body, but starting to run out of room in there with batteries, switches, the drive board and still need to put another or change out the battery packs altogether. A few different options, especially if I make Leo an autonomous being and therefore able to charge himself when he needs to. That is sometime down the road.

The drive unit will be using up 7 out of 11(I don't count the tx and rx pins) digital I/O pins and 5 analog pins. I have 3 clones that I bought from Dale and need to build them up, but need to get a lot more familiar with the arduino I already have.

Well off to do something, even if it's wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment