Saturday, August 22, 2009

A bit more research done

Looks like the L293 is an L298 with the clamping diodes built in. It means less soldering which is always a good thing in my book and it's cheaper, as well. Spent part of the day going the arduino language, which is pretty cool. I'm looking forward to playing around a bit the MCU after it's delivered on wednesday. I have been working on the design of the body modicication on the dozer, but will have to wait till I decide on the bumper design and placement of the sharp sensors. I found an old mouse in the closet and it's has the old style encoder wheels, so that task is taken care of. I did look at what it takes to build an ardiuno board from scratch, just an idea when I get some things worked out and want to make it permanent and can probably do it under $20 plus the PCB. Small bit of interest, the lists below are all balanced, each one has 5 items.

Yes, I know I'm probably the only one reading my blog, and it's ok. I will know where I've been and how I got to where I'm going to.

Decisions made and Money Spent
  1. Body with tracked drive & extras (free)
  2. AtMega 328 Adriano based MCU $30 (August)
  3. Nine volt clip $3 (August)
  4. Encoders for the drive wheels (free)
  5. Rechargeable AA batteries (free)
Decisions made and probable budget
  1. 1/4" thick pine for the bod mods $10 (Home Depot)
  2. Bumper switches $20 (frys, radio shack, etc)
  3. H-Bridge for the motors $2 to $10 (various)
  4. Sharp Sensors (5 probably) Need to find out
  5. Rechargeable 9 volt batteries (2 at least) Need to find out

Wish List
  1. Triple axis accelorometer
  2. Digital Compass
  3. GPS Module
  4. Better bot programming skills
  5. Bigger Budget!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment