Monday, August 24, 2009

Rummaging today

Tomorrow is the big day, I got out my multimeter, got together a few other tools as well. Will need to purchase a better soldering iron though. I've made a few drafts on the changes in the body, but will wait to do most of the changes till I have the sensors and such. I've not been able to find sharp modules, but I've been able to find IR Detector modules that detect IR at 38mhz. Not sure if I want to use a PWM pin to drive the modules or just make a circuit to do it. Either one presents challenges. One hand, don't have to worry about if the MCU is working and there one more pin to play with and on the other hand, a few lines of code handle and it can be changed much eaiser. One way it can be tinkered with, the other way, when you are done, you are done and time to go on to other things.

Not doing the list today, but tomorrow is a big day. I will have the brain for the body, just have to integrate the two. Btw, 9volt batteries are expensive, almost $20 apiece.

Definitely committed now, wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment