Saturday, September 5, 2009

Tonight's Work

Worked a bit more on Leo's body. All that is left after the glue dries is to do some trimming and the MCU shelf part is done. I've been trying to figure out what kind of hinges to use on the bumpers that won't stick. I had an epiphany while drinking a soda, reuse a soda can to make the hinges for the bumpers. It's quite fitting since Leo's body started off as a RC toy and has been upcycled to a bot body. I will be working on the front bumpers tomorrow afternoon.

My current dilemma is that I'm out of pins before I've begun really. I may put a pot or a resistor on the back IR distance sensor and make it digital, so I can have 2 analogs for the compass. Then I need to make the passive battery sensor only go low when it gets down to the point it needs to head 'home' to recharge. That would leave one digital pin unused, besides pins 0 and 1, which I already have plans for.


Progress Report:

Completed
Bot Body : Dozer Model(Modifications at 50%, Battery compartment and MCU shelf done)
MCU : AtMega328 Arduino

Incomplete
Sensors : 3 Bumper Sensors(3 Digital Pins)
5 IR Distance Sensors(5 Analog Pins)
Passive Battery Monitor(3 Digital Pins(75%,50%,Time to head home)
2 Encoders(2 Digital Pins)
Dual H : Still haven't ordered it(4 Digital Pins)
Compass: Still haven't decided which one (2 analog pins)

No comments:

Post a Comment